DuluxGroup Australia is one of Australia’s leading manufacturers of premium branded decorative paints, texture, protective and wood-care coatings. There are 13 main manufacturing sites that span Australia, New Zealand, PNG, China and South-East Asia. The Rocklea manufacturing plant in Brisbane produces over 50 million litres of paint per year which represents over 70% of the DuluxGroup production capability.
Lycopodium provided engineering services for the recovery of the Rocklea solvent based manufacturing facilities following the flood damage in January 2011. The existing tank farm that stored bulk solvents and resins, required flood damage repairs as well as upgrades to improve mechanical integrity and operability and to also improve access and safety within the bund facility. The project involved replacement of all piping, pipe supports, hand rails and access stairs and repair and coating of the internal bund surface. It also involved replacement of flood damaged equipment, cable trays and cabling, instruments and the control system.
Engineering services provided included:
- Redesign and reconfiguration of all piping within the bund area
- Specification of bund repair and mechanical site works
- Redesign and reconfiguration of all cabling and cable trays within the bund area
- Specification of replacement equipment, control system and instrumentation
- Specification of electrical site works.
Procurement, construction, and commissioning phases
- Coordinated procurement and expediting activities
- Supervised mechanical and electrical contractors / sub-contractors to comply with site safety requirements
- Inspected electrical work to AS3000 and hazardous areas standards including liaison and coordination of statutory inspection by certified inspectors
- Developed and implemented commissioning plan.