Axieo Operations Australia Pty Ltd (Axieo) is a distributor and manufacturer of raw materials, ingredients and specialty chemicals. Its products add colour, taste and function to the everyday lives of consumers and are key ingredients in many manufacturing sectors and processes.
SST Australia manufactures and markets more than 70 products to the agricultural and turf industries in Australia and New Zealand.
In late 2016, Axieo announced that it had signed an agreement to acquire SST Australia, CEO Sam Bastounas advised “that in the months ahead we will invest in upgraded manufacturing facilities that expand our capabilities further.”
Lycopodium has been assisting Axieo to achieve their goals by providing various detail design, procurement, relocation and commissioning services.
Lycopodium has relocated SST’s production facility where adjuvants and solutions are blended, from a small facility located in Bayswater, Victoria to an existing larger facility located in Dandenong South, including expanded storage of raw materials and finished products, some 30km away.
Lycopodium has also upgraded the facility by:
- Designing and installing a bulk unloading facility for delivery of Methyl Oleate by 20,000L tankers instead of receiving in IBC’s (Intermediate Bulk Containers)
- Replacing 2 ageing mix tanks with larger stainless steel tanks complete with agitators and new piping system
- Providing a new designed access walkway to provide safe means of delivering pallet of materials to the mezzanine level and installing a vacuum lifter to improve manual handling methods
- Relocating and designing a compliant hazardous area mixing tank with a new pump and upgraded ventilation system to conform with requirements of AS60079
- Designing and installing a process water storage and distribution system to enable accurate metering of water into batches
The project commenced in September 2016 and was completed in April 2017.