Lycopodium provided engineering services and project implementation support for various modifications and upgrades to the Crystal Ocean while at dock for service in Melbourne and at sea off the coast of Victoria.
The Crystal Ocean is a floating production, storage and offloading ship which has the capability of processing 6000m3/ day of feedstock fluids.
Work involved in the various projects included:
- Design, verification and installation of fire deluge protection system for Methanol Skid.
- Import / export swivel heat tracing.
- Upgrade of slops water and process drain systems.
- Design and installation of electrical services for methanol skid and safety systems.
- Design of Fume cupboard and ventilation system for confined and hazardous area installation.
- Emergency Shutdown System upgrades and interface with production safety PLC.
- Design and installation of utility system upgrades.
- Provision of fabrication supervision and quality assurance for pipework installation