Lycopodium has undertaken various expansion projects for Yakult Australia, the manufacturer of a fermented milk drink which promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive system.
The expansion works implemented were part of Yakult Australia’s strategy into making improvements affecting its environmental impacts in water saving and more efficient packaging along with general process and operation capability improvements.
Lycopodium developed the project concepts and the preliminary engineering in conjunction with the client then carried out the detailed design, procurement and project management. Lycopodium supervised the contractors on site and provided the necessary technical inspectors, engineering support and commissioning personnel.
The scope of works included:
- Refrigeration upgrade
- Installation of the cool room and LT filling line
- Installation of the cooling tower replacement tank
- Relocation of the 5 & 10 pack machine lines and installation of a new 10 pack machine
- Installation of the disabled access elevator
- Install new seed room
- Various manufacturing room expansions including 24,000 Litre tanks and process pipework.